Think back with me for a few minutes to 2012…
- Cost of a Gallon of Gas $3.91
- Movie Ticket $8.20
- Dozen Eggs $1.54
- Loaf of Bread $1.88
- The film “ The Avengers" is released and becomes one of the highest-grossing films.
- Hurricane Sandy devastates the US East Coast and kills around two-hundred people on the US Coast and in the Caribbean in October.
- The end of the Mayan calendar, thought to be the end of the world, is observed with little to no consequence.
- The New England Patriots lost in the Super Bowl to New York Giants…Yes!
- And…on March 12th, Jer and I began our journey with the wonderful people of Deer Flat Church.
Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday we arrived in Caldwell. I remember that it was indeed a step of both faith and obedience for us. We moved into Jer’s step mother’s home, while we waited for our house in Oregon to sell. We jumped in with both feet and began to get acquainted with the flock and appreciate the goodness of God to Deer Flat Church across the years. We learned about the amazing history of the church and quickly fell in love with the people.
It’s now been 60 months! That’s 6 zero… and, look what God has been doing! We have enjoyed week after week, month after month, and year after year of amazing answers to prayer, many new people, a host of new believers, spiritual growth, new ministries and new ministers, some big undertakings, and so much more. GOD HAS BEEN GOOD TO DEER FLAT CHURCH!
Your heart for God, your compassion and care for people, and your deep generosity has combined to make a very significant congregation that is serious about advancing the Kingdom in our part of the Treasure Valley. This is absolutely a Pastor’s delight. How fortunate we feel to be shepherding the folks who make up the Deer Flat Family. I have so many great memories that will last forever.
Thank you for making us part of YOU! We love you more than words can say. We hold each of you in our hearts, and we pray for you regularly. We are both looking forward to the days ahead, knowing that they will be even better than these recent years. Deer Flat has amazing, God given potential. Let’s go for it. Let’s watch God pull off the greatest miracles we’ve ever seen and see the incredible number of people who will meet the God of Heaven as we hold out the Good News of the Gospel and love the new folks unconditionally. I can’t wait to see all of you this Sunday! I close with 2 Really Important Things:
- Speaking of Time – Don’t forget to move your clock FORWARD one hour – It’s Spring Time
- Did I mention that the Patriots lost in the Super Bowl in 2012? It really was an OUTSTANDING YEAR!
Loving You and Him,
Pastor D and Jer