ARE YOU READY?
Are you ready to celebrate? We find ourselves just days away from the Superbowl Sunday of the Christian faith. There is no more miraculous time in all the world than Easter. But in order to celebrate, we must plan to celebrate. Weddings, birthday parties, graduations, baby dedications, grand openings; all require planning. In preparation, we brainstorm, research, and make reservations. Preparing for Easter is both personal and corporate.
To begin preparing, we start by paying attention to our own hearts and focusing on what Jesus did. Tomorrow is Good Friday, a day that commemorates Jesus’s crucifixion—his death on a Roman cross. We call it “good” because of the powerful good accomplished through the horrible death on our behalf. This is a day to remember your need for Jesus. Some things you can consider doing with your family or by yourself to make the most of this day are:
- Immerse yourself in the Gospel accounts of His crucifixion: Matthew 26-28; Mark 14-16; Luke 22-24; John 18-19
- Set aside time for prayer and reflection (Christ sacrifice, identify any sin in your life, ask for forgiveness and repent, give thanks)
- Have a family conversation on why the crucifixion matters.
- Remember His sacrifice by taking communion.
- Watch a passion movie.
- Do an arts & crafts project highlighting the cross.
As you invest your time preparing your heart and pressing into God, ask Him to impart Himself to you in a fresh way. With a prayer like that, you won’t be able to contain the revelation, hope, and power that will overflow from deep within you. Sunday’s coming… let’s get ready to celebrate!!!
For His glory,