HAPPY FATHER’S DAY
Happy Father’s Day!!! I do love that we set aside special days to give honor to individuals and things that we value. This Sunday we reserve the day to honor the fathers (earthly, spiritual, and heavenly) in our lives. God designed us to do this both in the Old Testament (Exodus 20:12) and the New Testament (Ephesians 6:2). And because we know the enormous responsibility it is to raise children; we are happy to give this honor. It’s been said, it takes an army to raise a child which is probably true. But at the very least, it takes a man and a woman, father and mother, to properly image our Heavenly Father (Gen. 1:27). Imaging our Father in our fathering is more than we can live up to. But it’s never more than we should aspire to. And only by God’s mercy will we ever become this to our children. Fatherhood is one way, among many, that God keeps bringing us back to our knees to ask for His mercy. On this Father’s Day, whether your dad has been all that you ever hoped and dreamed, or you’ve now grown old enough to see his faults and failings, there are distinct virtues to respect in the role of the father. And should all else fail, let’s take a moment to honor the infinite number of attempts these amazing men have given to bring a little bit of humor into our lives. Just for a friendly reminder, here’s the Top 10 Best Dad Jokes:
1) What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
2) Why do Dads take an extra pair of socks when they go golfing?
In case they get a hole in one.
3) What’s the best time to go to the dentist?
4) What do you call a man who can’t stand? –
5) What did the ocean say to the beach?
“Nothing, it just waved.”
6) “Dad, did you get a haircut?”
“No, I got them all cut.”
7) What do you call a small mother?
8) What is brown and sticky?
9) Why did the crab never share?
Because he’s shellfish.
10) I used to hate facial hair.
Then it grew on me.