OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD COUNTDOWN
October is Operation Christmas Child month here at Deer Flat Church!
For the last several years we have partnered with Operation Christmas Child to pack and ship boxes for children in developing countries so that they can hear the gospel and hopefully choose to learn more about Jesus in the weeks and months following. Multiple people in our congregation have witnessed the positive impact and joy these shoeboxes bring in the name of Jesus. Our goal this year is 1,000 boxes! Would you join with us in this fun and unique hands-on missions opportunity? There are multiple ways we can participate this month:
- Pick up a box or more… from the lobby and bring it back filled with some great items on or before October 30th!
- Plan to attend the church wide PACKING PARTY on Saturday, October 22 @ 9 am in the Lobby. This is a good time for all ages and includes hot beverages, donuts, and insight into the shoeboxes ministry. Rob and Lynette DiCrasto will be sharing their experiences of distributing OCC boxes in Ecuador.
- Pack a shoebox ONLINE. Your shoebox is still counted towards our DFC goal of 1200! And this options saves you those trips to the store.
- Make a donation of funds towards our commitment to pack 600 boxes and pay for their delivery and the discipleship ministry following the delivery of the boxes. Every donation helps, so thank you in advance. Use this LINK and chose Operation Christmas Child.
- Pray over the box you and others will send. Pray for the boys and girls that will receive the gifts and their families. Pray for the missionaries and Christians that will be sharing the good news of Jesus along with these boxes. Thank you for praying.
Here are a few more things happening at Deer Flat over the next weeks!
DISCOVERING DEER FLAT
Sunday, October 23rd & 30th: 10:45 – 12 pm, in Room 12
Join us to learn more about Deer Flat, Free Methodists, ways to connect, places to serve, or becoming a member. This class occurs the last 2 weeks of every other month. If you would like to become a member this class is required. The second part of this class will be followed by lunch. Please plan to attend both Sunday mornings.
THE TRAMPOLINES CONCERT
Sunday, October 23rd: 6 pm, in the Youth Room (Room 30)
The concert is free. A love offering will be taken
WATCH the promo.
GIRL’S NIGHT OUT
Wednesday, October 26th: 6:30 – 8:30 pm, in KidzChurch (Room 143)
All ladies (ages 16 & over) are invited for an evening of light refreshments, time in His Word and fellowship! We will be painting a fun Christmas picture (TBD). Bring a snack and a friend.
The cost for the class is $25 to cover supplies. Class is limited to the first 25 PAID registrations. REGISTER NOW
RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVE
October 27th: 1:30 – 7 pm, in the Lobby
You can sign up by calling 1-800-733-2767 or using this LINK
If you would like to volunteer to help with the blood drive or for more info, please contact Tammie Aevermann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-880-6367.