WHAT’S GOING ON
What’s going on with me? Well, I’m glad you asked! I am just basking in the sun (figuratively of course)! I woke up this morning reflecting on the goodness of God and what He’s been up to lately. He is amazing and He’s up to some pretty amazing things. If you haven’t heard, there’s a revival going on in our land. Nearly one month ago a revival broke out in Asbury University (do a quick Google search) and has been going nonstop ever since. But the best part is that it’s been pouring out of that location and spilling across the country and world. There’s an awakening and spiritual hunger that we haven’t seen in quite some time. While evil has been more out in the open than we’ve seen in a long time, this has made a clear and stark opportunity for what is Holy, and the world is ready for this Holy alternative.
Not only do I celebrate what God is doing in Wilmore, Kentucky at Asbury University, but I’m celebrating what God is doing right here at Deer Flat:
- We recently had the opportunity to baptize 24 people a few weeks ago.
- People are making decisions to follow Christ every weekend. In fact, I rejoice over the dozen men and women who made that very decision this past Sunday.
- Two weeks ago, we sent nearly 50 middle school students away for a weekend of worship and fellowship and the reports came back that these students had an amazing encounter with the living God.
- Every Thursday evening, the women of Deer Flat continue to faithfully serve the Boise Rescue Mission’s women’s shelter with both physical and spiritual food. This is just one example of the numerous missional endeavors that our church family is doing to love the Treasure Valley. If you’re interested in being a part of some of these opportunities, email our Outreach Pastor, Isrrael Rodriguez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- This Summer we are sending 2 separate mission’s teams to Belize for on the ground service projects.
- This Sunday, March 6th, we will be sharing pictures and stories of what God did in a group of 24 men who had the chance to travel to Saudi Arabia to personally see and inspect the evidence of the real Mount Sinai. I can’t wait for you to hear their God’ encounters.
With all that God has been up to lately, I have a real sense of urgency in my soul, and we are so blessed to be seeing the fruit of His activity in our church family. Please continue to join me in prayer for all that God has done, for what He’s currently doing and for what He’s going to be doing. Let’s also keep our local missions’ partner MAF (Missionary Aviation Fellowship) in our prayers. Four months ago, one of their pilots, Ryan Koher, was falsely accused and arrested in Mozambique. Ryan has been a modern-day Paul in that while he’s been in a prison cell, he’s not wasted a single moment and has used this time to share the Gospel of Jesus with those around him. As you can imagine this has been extremely hard on Ryan and his family as well as the entire MAF family. Let’s pray for his release and God’s favor over this entire situation. For more information about Ryan’s situation, you can find updates, background information, and a video from Annabel Koher, Ryan’s wife, on MAF’s website at https://maf.org/press/. Ryan’s story is a tough reminder that when we join forces with the Lord, the enemy will stop at nothing to hold us back. But our unified response is not today, Satan…not today!!
What’s going on is that God’s up to a lot and all we have to do is join Him. To Him be the glory forever and ever, amen.